It couldn’t be easier to commission your own piece of art, first you need to decide on a few things -
- Do you want your painting in oil or pastel (oils take longer).
- How big do you want your painting?
- Do you want just the head and shoulders or whole body?
Once you have decided on the above it’s simple to arrange your portrait.
If you are unsure of size and background colour etc I can advise you on this.
Please send a good clear photograph or photographs via email to email@example.com.
The better the quality of photographs, the better the painting will be.
Some quick tips are:
- Take your photos outside or by a window where there is lots of natural light – Don’t use a flash!
- When photographing animals or children try to get down to eye level, this gives a great perspective.
- It often helps to have help, especially with animals and children - having someone in the direction you want them to look with a toy to attract attention makes it much easier!
- When you are wanting two subjects in a painting it’s best to have multiple photos – try to take the photos with the light coming from the same side and have at least one photo with them together as this lets me know their relative sizes.
- The most important point is to get a photo which really captures the personality of your subject!
I have an order book so when you book I can advise on timescales however it is important to bear the following in mind:
- Pastels will take a minimum of two weeks to complete.
- Oils take a minimum of three months to complete.
- Postage time is dependant on location and will be advised at the time of order - this can be expedited at an extra cost.
Pastel paintings need to be framed under glass – the sooner the better.
Oils are varnished ready to be framed - it is always advisable to hang your painting out of direct sunlight to avoid any colour fading over time.
All my paintings are posted unframed and will come with care instructions.
A deposit of 20% is required when you order your commission, full payment is then made once you are happy with the online preview.
PayPal and bank transfers are acceptable.